The Tour to Portsea ride is open to Members and their guests. Members guest’s have been nominated if the member can vouch that the guest is a safe and respectful rider who obey’s the road laws as well as somebody who will be good company and nurture the culture of the event.
Dissobeying any road law during the event will result in the immediate cancellation of membership and the offending rider(s) will be banned from participating in any future Tour to Portsea event.
Although all ages and abilities are welcome and encouraged, the culture of the tour to Portsea is aimed at fit recreational/social riders 40yrs and over.
Please note this is not a race. If you are below 40 years old or you hold a current cycling race license, your entry status will be participation only.
- You are over the age of 40
- You have participated in 3 or more rides
- You have been nominated by a Full Member
- You have participated in 1 or 2 Tour to Portsea rides
- You have been nominated by a member
- You are riding in your first Tour to Portsea
Assumption of Risk
Section 74 of the Trades Practices Act (“the Act”) implies a duty of care and skill for the supply of services to consumers, as defined in the Act.
- I ‘The participant’ will disclose any medical condition or other conditions that may represent risk to me or any other person. I acknowledge that bikeNOW relies on this information and I state that all such information is accurate and complete.
- I understands that the tour is carried out on uncontrolled public roads used by other vehicles and I will comply with all road rules at all times.
- I agree to indemnify the provider against all claims made by me or any other person against the provider in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising from the participant’s failure to comply with rules and / or directions.
- I accept that all hazards and dangers cannot be foreseen before, during and after the activity and may be beyond the control of the company or staff.
- I am aware of the hazards involved with cycling on public roadways and certain elements of the course could be physically challenging but consider that I have sufficient competence, experience and ability to participate safely in this activity.
- I must report all accidents, injuries, loss or damage must be reported to the provider before the participant leaves the provider’s property.
- I understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance during the activity, and the participant accepts full responsibility for injury, loss or damage associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance.
bikeNOW Tours provide Public Liability Insurance Cover.
To exercise our duty of care and for our insurance to be valid, it is essential that each riding participant completes the medical form and assumption of risk form on the book in page. Please take time to read the 8 items in the assumption of risk before submitting the form.
Our committee make financial commitment to printing cycling jerseys, booking the coach and lunch venue well prior to the event, therefore any cancellation must be received as follows:
Changes to your selected ride group
There will be no changes within 30 days of the date of the event.
Your ride entry will not be refunded if you cancel within 6 weeks of the event. Your ride position is not transferable without organisers consent.
As we have to the order the clothing 6 weeks before to the event, we cannot accept alterations to your original order after that date, please use the clothing size chart to ensure you have ordered the correct size.